Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sketch in Time


We left the hospital at 10 last night. We have never seen Coleman so nauseous. We took 30 minutes to get him to the car. After he fell asleep we came home and he woke up in his bed this morning, which was such a relief to him. It's clearly better for him to be in his home where things are quiet and doctors aren't trying to come in every few minutes.

It is good to know his base line labs are good and his organs are doing their thing. It does give us more confidence while we wait. He's still in a lot of pain and it's gotten to the point that any touch hurts him. His nerves are just frayed.

I've spent some time reading the blog from another family from Colorado who have experienced the same thing, just with more toxins and more kids (8). I'm hoping for a phone consult with Dr. Shoemaker this week to talk about the labs and next steps.

Thanks to the friends who brought by sketching and art stuff, both boys have been drawing. Spencer has been the resident artist for several years and Coleman the resident designer, but sketching seems to keep Coleman focused and concentrating on a task. His vision has been so effected that reading is no longer an option. He said I could add one of his pictures to the blog.

Hopefully tonight will be quiet and restful for this artist.

7 comments:

  1. Mel and Jeff- Michael and I couldn't stop reading your blog last night I went to bed with a heavy heart and I layed in bed and prayed for your family that God will give Spencer and Coleman healing and that you and Jeff will continue to have strength through this. If we can do anything or be of any help please do not hesitate to call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, I am so sorry to hear about what you and Jeff and the boys are going thru. My heart has been breaking for you all. I have 2 kids of my own, and I can't even begin to imagine what you are having to deal with. Please know you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I am so glad you have this blog so I can stay informed. I am currently living in Missouri, so I know I can't be of any help. But I can be a prayer warrior, and I have a prayer chain out to my family and friends. We know God can heal Coleman and Spencer!
    If ever you have a minute(yes, I know, what is that) I would love to hear from you. I haven't been able to track down your email, but mine is LCTaylor@kc.rr.com. You and the boys have been heavy on my heart, and I pray that God brings healing, and strength and comfort to you all.
    Love, Lisa (Evans) Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mel and Jeff,

    As the beautiful snow falls tonight in March I am aware once again that God can peform miracles. I know people all over the Richmond Area are praying for your sweet boys to be healed! As far as I am concerned it seems God is taking to long to strech his hand out ,but I have not given up hope.He did make it snow in March after all!!

    Please know that my family is praying for you all continuously.Kate went to school and asked all her friends to pray for Coleman!I have asked all my friends to pray too! Please call if I can be any help to you or Jeff in any way.Even if you need someone to go across town to get special PopTarts!

    JoAnne Seawell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel, I had no idea any of this was happening. I just read your whole blog and my heart is breaking over Coleman. I can't even imagine what this must be like for you or Jeff or the boys. We will be praying for all of you.
    Susie and Jared

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melanie. I got your message from my husband Chris.You're right. We are experiencing many of the same things. Your son's test results definately show you're on the right road. Shoemaker would definately be closer for you. My email is akfabry@comcast.net. We need to change it in the next few weeks but for now it will get to me. We have been to sooo many emergency rooms. I agree..it's mind boggling to see all those white coats and no knowledge of this illness. But again, you are on the right track. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, Mel. I just got hooked into the blog by Wendy. This is the first I'm hearing of everything going on. Sorry I've been out of touch and not with you through this journey. Your strength is inspiring. I know you all will get through this. I want to help in any way I can; just holler (jmerritt@franklinfederal.com, 640-0537). Miss you and praying for you, Jeff and the boys. JR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mel,
    I wanted to let you know that I'm praying for the boys and love you all dearly. God is still in control!!!!!
    Helen Gayness

    ReplyDelete