Friday, May 22, 2009

End of the Week

I was away from the house today for work and "personal maintenance." The thing that kept striking me was that everyone was talking about where they were going for the weekend, who they were staying with, getting out of the office early...then I realized it was a holiday weekend...sometimes you just have to laugh at how significantly this journey changes the family calendar.

I stopped in to see our practitioner and pick up some new meds for stomach repair and for my regimen of detox. Mold illness does tend to hit the female body in different ways than the male body. I'm so looking forward to consulting with the doc out west on Coleman's behalf tomorrow. I have a page full of questions and am praying that he has opinions that make sense to us here.

When I came home today, Coleman was so excited to tell me he hopped on the pogo stick. I forgot we had one and am surprised it didn't end up in the yard sale (which reminds me - THANKS too to my friend Sybil for helping out when she had her own house to pack!). He jumped over 60 times and was pleased with himself. He seemed to have a good day and we have now watched Paul Blart Mall Cop SEVERAL times.

Spen and I are wrapping up the week. We added two new meds for him today. He also told me he had several minutes of good hand ability after a "cold chill" this morning. He had one this evening and was able to draw part of a face. The return of his hand ability is fascinating to watch and inspirational to all of us around these parts. He was the first to swim this season and we hope Coleman will get in this weekend.

Enjoy your holiday! Every day is a holiday when you see the smiling faces of your children!

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer and I went to see Mall Cop, I think Coleman likes it better than we did. We have been parying for you guys for a while. All the kids at Youth Club ask about the boys all the time, even the ones that never met him.

    ReplyDelete