Thursday, May 21, 2009

To My Fellow Mold Mom

It's been a good day here. I have a new feeling of confidence about moving forward and getting new experienced opinions. We had a good PT appointment today - Coleman shot some baskets with us.

My heart is with my fellow Mom Against Mold, Andrea. She's the one whose blog is linked to mine in the upper right corner. If you've been following her epic journey, you'll know she is on one of the toughest stretches of life battling mold illness in her large family. Now, she has just said goodbye to her mother who passed away peacefully around midnight.

Our lives have been brought together by this illness. I truly believe God let our paths cross to help one another and to bear one another's burdens. We feel that it is our mission to soon help other mothers in this situation.

The thing that strikes me about her mother's passing is the same thing that struck me when my grandmother passed. This illness is such a long, drawn out one that it stretches across many markers like holidays, birthdays, seasons, birth and death. It waits for no one and it has no respect for simple normalcy in life and wishful normalcy in death.

I hope you find some sweet memories of your mother in these weeks ahead Andrea.

No comments:

Post a Comment