Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thanks to our Angels

On the way home from the yard sale yesterday I heard the song Calling All Angels. I thought how perfectly fitting the words to this song are for all the thoughtful female and male angels who flew in yesterday to make the day a great success.



Rana and Connie hard at work



Tracey shows the stuff



Jody can never get away from the drums.



Cherryl buys back a gift she once gave Grandma



Ray and Hunny, aka Killer



Wellman's Cookie Wonders



Let's Make A Deal Anne



Jody's Up Do



My SuperMom works the table



Gabi's Super Sign!



Rollin'



Connie and Marna fighting off the media



Cherryl avoids the press



At all costs...



Till Loren ropes her in.



The muscle men



Use it or lose it.



My life-long Buddy Shaun stops by.



Greg gets one short sit-down-on-the job



Conrad loves Ray's husband Brent too!



Marna models her 80's leather



And works a deal.



A celebrity visit from Jerry



We're on a first name basis.



The girls love him.



Work 'em Connie



The old timers from Park Group



Ray's Director Chair



Howdy Anne!



Daddy-O



Swain Man and Swain Boy



Sydney loves the Jonas Brothers' poster



Ali and her donated bike



Mama knows best.



Liv makes a purchase.



Go for the money Ray.



Tracey's Mother and Son Necklace



Mother and Son



Ray and her boys.



Matt Mays donated his Pokemon cards.



Evan Almighty



Baby Meets Baby



Hustle with Muscle



BIG sale



Finally at the end.



That's a Wrap



Thanks to the girls.



Coleman grabs the cash! - over $2K at the end of the day!!


Like the song starts, I need a sign to let me know you're here...I have looked for signs at every turn during this illness and they seem to come just when I need them most. Like my friend Jen feeding the words back to me that she said I told her over 10 years ago, "God never gives you more than you can handle." They sound good falling back on my ears. And the sign of just turning on the radio after a big day and hearing a song that makes me eternally grateful for my angel friends here on earth!

1 comment:

  1. Mel, I'm so glad to see the yard sale was a huge success! And even more so that Coleman is
    responding to the treatments and therapies. I continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, and look here daily to keep up to date!
    Your Mom looks great by the way, as young as I remember her, and we know that was ages ago! lol
    Takre care!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete