Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Meds

We've worked our way into the antibiotics and Coleman has been taking them for almost a week. He is experiencing some die-off symptoms, which is when so many bacteria or organisms are killed quickly and the body has a bit of a struggle working through the load.

The fact that this is happening clearly tells me we're on the right track. It's a bit of a challenge right now as we talk about getting a bit worse before we get better. Coleman is more tired and staying down most of the time. I miss seeing him in the pool and up and around more but I know this is what we have to do to at least begin down the road of eradicating the microscopic enemies that have shacked up in his bloodstream.

Lately I have felt so separated from family, friends, co-workers, church but I know this is a special time for us that needs concentrated attention and this is where we belong until we can work through it.

Tonight I want to express my appreciation to you for truly not forgetting us. Coleman can use your prayers as his body has to be as strong as ever right now to work with the antibiotics. This is physically challenging for him and there were new side effects before we started the drugs, especially in his hearing - it is highly sensitized and we have been adapting all our daily routines to the silent side. Creativity is in high order. Coleman is being the best sport that he can...better than I would be.

Do your best
Prepare for the worst,
Trust God for the Victory.

Goodnight from the quiet as a mouse house!

1 comment:

  1. The Boswell's have kept you in our prayers. We miss you and hope to see you soon. All of you are loved dearly! My our Lord be ever present.

    ReplyDelete