Sunday, August 2, 2009

Soaking Feet

I'm sitting on the couch across from Coleman with my feet soaking. We've done this several times for him to help his peeling skin and it looked too inviting for me to pass up tonight. The great thing about having your feet in to soak is it's virtually impossible to be asked to get up and get anything...ahhh....think I'll prune my feet.

We're basically two weeks from leaving and although part of me would like to be leaving tomorrow to expedite his healing, the other part of me understands what we need to accomplish during this time. One of the important things to do is to begin trying to chelate and move out the metals in his body. With metals in the way, it's really tough to move anything else out of the way. We do a daily 5 step process and we've done it for three days now. As with each other time we have tried to move metals, it takes its toll on Coleman. The target becomes his speech and today it is challenging. We will take a few days off from this process and give him a chance to clear. We'll try again before we go. We have confirmed that he has blood coagulation issues and we are doing further testing to find out if its genetic or due to bacteria. Sludgy blood makes it tough to chase the bad guys out and when the drugs are administered directly into the bloodstream, they'll be a lot more dead sludge in that blood to move out. I think these two weeks are made for that.

Today was an odd milestone. For the first time in nearly six months Coleman left the house in our car. We have offered so many times in so many ways to just drive to the end of the street, anything. It has always been met with absolute no. With his hearing so sensitive, the neighbors' mowers drive him literally to the edge. Today he was in anguish and I said we could get in the car and we did. It would be an understatement to say he was scared, but he did it. I never thought about the noises even in the car. The chimes when it starts, the noise of the AC fan, the sound of just putting the car in gear - all overkill to him. We parked in a couple cul-de-sacs in the neighborhood and although he wasn't talking, I could tell he was taking in the scenery. I was thinking what it must be like to have the limited surroundings he has had for so many months. I wondered most of the day if it was a good thing or not and then when another mower started in the evening he wanted to get back in the car. For better or worse, he went in a car twice today and it takes a bit of a load off because he'll need to go in a car every day in KC.

I have a list that is two pages long for prep - he and I are essentially moving there - so odd. I have been communicating with the landlord and couple we are sub renting from and they have gone out of their way to help us. Today we got some pictures of the inside of the apartment so Coleman can warm up to it and know what he'll be waking up to. Jeff made the comment that we have angels everywhere it seems.

Spen is rolling through summer. He won't make the initial trip with us because he has testing to prep to enter a new school system and more importantly a few more play dates to fill. I took he and a friend to Busch Gardens Friday evening and we were crazy enough to go in during the rain. I didn't mind walking around with an umbrella - watching him so happy was worth the drenching, and the lines were short! Hopefully he'll come to visit us for his birthday just before school starts. Coleman and I both are bummed about our family being split in half, it will be so hard for him because he lives for the moment when Jeff and Spen come through the door everyday. I'm sure one day when we look back on our time apart, it will seem like just a drop in the bucket to a life well lived.

Thank you JR for hooking us up with a roof over our heads and to Val and Mern for taking sanity walks with me even if you do nothing but nod your head because I just can't stop talking.

These pruned feet have to spring back into duty. I'll stay in touch with new info this week. Grateful to you all!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for all of the updates. We have been following the blog since we found out about it from RCS. Our family will continue to pray for your needs as they are ever changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel,
    That phrase "passionate patience" from your last posting is, to me, a perfect description of what you have displayed over these past many months. (And I know you would say "by the grace of God!")
    May God shore up Coleman with much courage and you with strength for this next part of the journey. We pray for his complete healing!!
    Much love,
    Anne M. and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie,

    Just want you to know that Coleman and your family are in our daily thoughts and prayers. We are especially praying for your upcoming trip to KS and that it will be his prescription for healing. Love, The Beecklers (Ashley Grove)

    ReplyDelete