Thursday, August 6, 2009

Less Than Two Weeks

First, Ms. Joan - can you call me? I don't have your number in my cell and I've tried every way I know of to find you - so if you're reading, will you give me a ring? We miss you around here!

It's Thursday and I keep finding myself in that somewhat stalled position. You know the one you land in when you have so many things to do on your list that you literally find yourself stalled. Maybe posting to the blog will stop the trail of circles I seem to be walking in today.

I would say our preparation to leave is going as well as can be expected. The most unknown factor is insurance. I would imagine most all of us have ended up in an insurance quandary at some point or another. This morning I just said out loud, this one is not my nut to crack. There are so many details that have fallen into place that demonstrate to me that KC is the right move and if I truly believe that, I have to believe God will handle the insurance as well. Going to KC is "out of network" and although we have a certain amount of coverage on that front, it will ultimately come down to writing letters, arbitration, etc. I've done it before so I'll be ready to do it again. I remember there are some in this situation with absolutely no health insurance. I'll probably meet another mother whose husband lost his job during their child's illness and my faith will seem small.

Coleman is holding his own. He met a new practitioner yesterday - a man - he bonded with him immediately and their session went well. We are working on the emotional quotient and trying something that I've not heard of before. I'll let you know if it seems to help. His hearing remains his worst enemy day and night and I hopefully wait for the day he can enjoy the beautiful noise of the world again. He talks every day about his new home and how everyone will like him there. It makes me feel great to hear this, although I'm not sure if he understands the extent of what he'll have to do once we arrive.

Not too much news to post today, so I'll be back when we get some more answers. The one answer I read this morning:

If you seek God, your God, you'll be able to find him if you're serious, looking for him with your whole heart and soul.
When troubles come and all these awful things happen to you, in future days you will come back to God, your God and listen obediently to what he says.
God, your God is above all a compassionate God. In the end he will not abandon you, he won't bring you to ruin.


Still seeking.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mel,

    I have been thinking of you, Jeff and the boys so much. You are in our "special" prayers every night. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help, especially while you are away.

    Our thoughts, prayers and love are with you all!

    Love ya,
    Sisst

    ReplyDelete