Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Testing

Just testing my cell phone link to the blog tonight. Today we decided to switch from a porta cath to a PICC line. Last night I felt unsettled about the porta cath...just uneasy. Today before noon the hospital called to say they could not properly sedate a child for porta cath insertion but they could do a PICC line. That was all the proof I needed that a porta cathing we would not go. I'm sure we'll soon know why.
We're going to test the sedation tomorrow so I'm praying we are on the right track there. Coleman told me to give him a sleepy pill and make a lot of noise! I wish I didn't have to test it but that would be a foolish move when considering a 4 hour flight.
Spen and I went out for some special time this evening. I am not ready to say just how much this effects him and you'll seldom hear it from his lips. I can't imagine this much time away from him and Jeff. And in the words of Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that...

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments:

  1. Praying for Coleman today as you test the sedative. Amazing how many things you have to think about each day and how God has given you the kind of brain that can handle it! But, believe me, we pray constantly for strength for all 4 of you. You are all loved much by the Maroons and many more!!

    Anne M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mellis,
    I've been thinking of you guys non-stop and praying all the time for you in the many areas of your lives that I know you need direction and comfort during this next step. Last Sunday at church I thought of you during a song we were singing..."I Will Trust You." Some of the lyrics made me think of all the trust you've placed in Him for the decisions for Coleman and I wanted to pass them along to you. You're probably already familiar with this song but here are a few lines anyway!

    You have been faithful.
    You have been good.
    You have been perfect to a thousand generations.
    God is our refuge and our strength.
    Therefore we will not fear!

    Those are just a few lines that spoke to me and ones that reminded me of all that God is to us. I can't deny that I teared up singing that and thinking of you. I love you guys and will continue praying you through. Call or text when you can.

    Much love,
    "Terrance" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wanted to say good luck on your journey, i will miss you dearly, my fridays will have such a void. my thoughts are always with you and poop will never have the same meaning ever again. do send pictures of coleman, i miss him already!!

    xo
    NS

    ReplyDelete