Friday, September 18, 2009

Our Life

I think Coleman and I both are getting our sea legs for this new life. We're finding places that work for us, a quiet market for food, a car with tinted windows, a quiet apartment, and a group of friends at the clinic.

It's so helpful for me to have moments with other moms, dads and patients here. It's good to realize we all sweat through this and I am constantly reminded that we have it easier than many of our new friends. Coleman has begun to interact a bit more with folks here.

I met with the doc again this week and overall Coleman's bad news is still good. When I look around at the other patients, I think Coleman is handling his meds well.

It's a whirlwind most of the time with a split day clinic schedule - and there are stacks of forms, test results and bills that stare at me from the coffee table, so my time is far more limited than I imagined. As a result, I am not able to update as often. Having said that, it means we appreciate being remembered more than you might think right now. Coleman is a fighter with a good heart and it will take him far!

6 comments:

  1. "Coleman is a fighter with a good heart and it will take him far!"

    And so are you! Still praying for you all! Keallie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mel -
    We love you guys and are ALWAYS thinking and praying for you - even though we update way less than you!

    Love,
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. mel, thanks for the update, would love to hear from you and coleman, if ever you need an ear to vent on long lonely days, thinking of you and miss you each day!!
    nurse sharon,
    ps ,,,give coleman a big hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is our strength when we are weak. Hang in there. I am praying and believing with you for healing/restoration of your son. Take care and let me know if I can help in anyway. Kim Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a quick note to say that I'm praying for ya'll.

    Take care and may the Lord continue to be your strength and your salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel and Jeff,

    Please give Cloeman a big hug from the Boswell's. We miss him (and all of you) so much. I hope he knows that there are people who love him in the City of the Monuments.

    Keith, Renee, Luke, Lydia, and Ezra

    ReplyDelete