Tuesday, October 20, 2009

60 Days In

I apologize for not updating more frequently. Our life is a never ending cycle of routine here - we frequently call it Groundhog Day around the clinic and it's far more time consuming than I had imagined.
Today marks 60 days on the meds for Coleman and I welcome every subtle sign of improvement I see. Coleman has made some friends at the clinic and all the parents here have become his parents as well. There is an unspoken support system among us that I don't think any of us could do without.
On good days, we work puzzles out in the main room and play Go Fish. He bought one of the other mothers gluten free cupcakes for her birthday last week and it's special to see that his sweet side has remained unspoiled by all the not-so-sweet things he has been served.
November marks a time when we'll move into some more meds to address his other illnesses.
For now, we're steady on our course and although we can't see the dock yet there are lots of great channel markers. My nautical brother taught me to navigate waterways a little and I always remember what he said to help me know how to find my way home. The red buoys were always on your right side and we remembered it by saying, "Red, Right, Return."
That's exactly what we're doing and saying now.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Mel. We think about you guys often, and keep you foremost in our prayers. We sure do miss y'all. Keep lookin' up. -- the Wheelers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel,
    How are things going? We were realizing we haven't heard from you on the blog for a while. We've been thinking about you guys.
    What can we pray for?
    Sue Van Doornik at Stony Point

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, how are you and your family? WE miss you and are praying for you. Haven't heard from you or seen Jeff and Spence in a while, I hope all is well. Merry Christmas my friend, keep fighting.

    Renee for the Boswells

    ReplyDelete